Have you heard of Bakerella? If not, run over to her website fast! Well, not that fast. Maybe wait until the end of this post?
We celebrated my baby boy’s first birthday this weekend and during the short time I was “planning” this party, I ended up deciding on a robot theme. I really wanted to do something different for his cake and of course, I headed straight over to bakerella.com. Woman is a genius!!
This wasn’t my first time making cake pops. The first time didn’t go as well as I had wanted it to but I now know what I did wrong. This time, I am pleased to report, was a success!
So, the basics to making Bakerella’s robot cake pops:
1. Crumble your cake into a nice powdery texture.
2. Mix in your icing with your cake until it is nice a smooth.
3. Get your hubby to help you make perfectly square pieces.
4. Don’t make them too big or you’ll have to start over!
5. Dip into your candy coating and, voila! Cubed cake pops!
Now for the fun part. Decorating!
Are they not the cutest little candy robots you have ever seen?!? Add in some robot adorned cupcakes and you have yourself a happy little boy and lots of loud, hyper children running around your house for hours!
I cannot believe it has been a year already since Adam was born, but here we are a year later and so full of joy that we have this little guy to complete our family. I love you, Adam! Happy Birthday.